I am so pleased to bring you 2018’s first edition of SWOON! If you’re new to Swoon, it is a monthly blog feature where I deliver all the articles, items, and ideas that currently send me to the fainting couch in delight. Get your feather fan ready, here we go!
- I recently re-watched the movie Advanced Style with a friend who had never seen it before. When she asked why I love it so much, my answer was: “Often the image of Divine Feminine calls to mind a woman in robes with her hands in prayer. But when I think of the Divine Feminine, it is these women I see.” If you haven’t seen this movie, run, don’t walk to watch it now!
- The creators of the movie also made this COLORING book which I promptly ordered an now proudly own.
- Calling all Harry Potter Nerds who also happen to be Glamazons!
- An incredibly moving, powerful NY Times piece on Recy Taylor, who died last week at age 97. May she rest in peace, and may we keep fighting to right how she was wronged.
- It is Time to RISE! V-day is coming, the day of One Billion Rising where we dance to end violence against women all over the world. You can find V-Day events in your area here!
- Lenny Letter brings us a stirring peek into “Play with Me”, a new book that takes sex dolls and places them in scenes of a woman’s life, rather than a male fantasy.
- Speaking of style, you will have the envy (and the intrigue) of all your neighbors when you place a succulent in one of these pots come spring. Cheeky and delightful!
- These Instagram Accounts called “Top Photo” show gorgeous scenes from cities across the world. I’m currently following Paris, New York, Venice, Rome and Vienna. What’s your favorite city?
- Are you tired of your bottle of lubricant looking like something you would receive at a hospital? I am! Thank Goddess Coco De Mer has got us covered!
- She’s done it again folks! Besty Blankenbaker’s new book “Beyond O” is a sequel memoir chronicling one woman’s journey from frozen to feeling in her sensual body. I read it in three days, IT IS SO. GOOD.
- My interest in First Ladies never ceases, and I can’t wait to peek inside this new First Ladies Cookbook, and support the National Women’s History Museum in the process.
- Can you hear the Puccini? Can you smell the fragrant figs hanging low on the branch? Can you feel the tickle of Pellegrino on your tongue? The 2018 Sacred Seduction Retreat will be open for enrollment Wednesday January 18th. Keep an eye on your inbox, and if you’d like first notice sign up here – I’d love to have you there!