Happy Summer Darlings!
Welcome to the June edition of Swoon – a monthly feature where I share all things succulent, savory and swoonable.
This month we’ve got everything from a french honey to fresh makeovers; from sex magic to Shalimar. There’s a dark horse, a bright cocktail, and more treasures than you can shake your beach parasol at.
Swoon on sister!
- In the spirit of Diana Vreeland’s legendary “Why Don’t You” column, My Little Paris has compiled a list for summer, authored by all French women. My favorites are #1, #10 & #12.
Honey in your tea is one thing. Honey drawn from urban farms on the rooftops Paris’s most elegant architecture in your tea, that is quite another.
- Lenny Letter offers us a redux on the art of the makeover. Point #1 I couldn’t agree with more.
- An inspiring and enlightening article “This is What Naked Power Looks Like”, featuring one of my favorite performers of ALL TIME, Miss Perle Noire.
- Summer + Pineapple + Elegance + Raspberry + Ease + Beauty + Yum = This cocktail.
- “The exploration of a mother’s midlife sexuality might not seem groundbreaking, until you think about how few people are doing it.” The Emancipation Of The MILF is an article that will provoke you in all the right places.
- Friends, listen to me very carefully. If you want to understand power, relationships, communication, intimacy and personal agency in a way it’s never been articulated before, do not take your eyes or ears off of this woman. Kasia Urbaniak has been a dear friend for over 15 years, and I can say with total confidence that she is the real deal. Listen to this podcast, and feel how every word she says is like a sapphire dropped right into your hand.
- Glennon. Effing. Doyle. This woman shakes me awake – wake to love, awake to beauty, awake to kindness, awake to truth. I cannot get enough of her, especially this post about anger which states: “We assume that if we are angry, there is something wrong with us instead of considering that maybe we are angry because there is something wrong with the world.”
- Want to learn how orgasm can make you a published author or help you travel the world? Listen to every word Veronica Varlow says in this podcast on her signature: Sex Magic.
- Do you spend copious amounts of time fantasizing about bathtubs, walk-in showers, sheepskin bath rugs and swan shaped faucets, or is that just me?
- “Both a chasm and a bridge” perfectly articulates this touching piece: Our Mothers As We Never Saw Them.
- Are you pursuing a career that is your passion, but it has you so stressed you’ve lost your lady boner entirely? Wise words and brave transparency from the lovely Elle Griffin.
Sharing is sexy.