Dear Turtle Doves,
Last week when I was having A DAY, a friend texted me to ask how I was doing. I texted back with the image above on the left. After one long cry, some deep conversation, a tie-front top and some tulip pink lipstick, I texted the image on the right as a follow up a few hours later.
It is truly amazing how investing time and attention to beauty can give my mood, my outlook and my confidence a 360° makeover. It’s not because I’ve made myself look more “presentable”. Beauty rituals give me the space to luxuriate in deep creativity, with my own body as a canvas to my art.
I was raised a good little catholic girl who ran barefoot through the woods on the weekends. Lipstick, glamour, high heels, and sensual beauty was reserved for a different type of woman than the one I was expected to be. (That type of woman being a SLUT.)
As an adult, learning the craft of beauty has been a great act of individuation and claiming my true self. It has freed me to leave behind the girl I was raised to be, in order to create the woman I was born to become. This is a crucial shift: to realize that your beauty is not there to please someone else, it is there for your creative pleasure, to adorn and ornament the powerful, magnificent, feminine creature that you are.
For most of us however, our beauty rituals have been robbed of their goddess given joy because of the lies we’ve been told by the media and beauty industry, many of which are sneaky tactics to secretly erode your confidence and make you buy their product!
Well, when it comes to brainwashing, I’D LIKE TO TURN YOU ON TO A DIFFERENT KIND OF SHAMPOO.
This week I will be hosting a live class called Eyeliner: A Means To Enlightenment, and I would love to have you there as my guest. In this hour I will teach you:
- The truth about beauty: what our ancestors knew, how things have changed, and how to reclaim your beauty as a source of creative power
- How to choose your products based on your own VALUES, rather than what the industry tells you you should buy
- How to use a mirror in the way it was originally intended: as a source of sly pleasure, rather than a tool of constant criticism
- My personal “quickies”, short, fast tips and practices that will instantly connect you to the sacred power of adornment
- A special ritual to start fresh with your adornment practice, and go forward to beautify yourself with courage, authentic expression and deep self-love
This is an exclusive education that you won’t find ANYWHERE ELSE.