June 5-9 2019
Time to rest.
Time to reflect.
Time to relax and enjoy.
Time to press pause.
To read a book, breathe fresh air, stretch in the sunshine, and settle in.
Time to be cared for, learn new things, eat delicious food, and connect with nature.
Welcome to the Body Bliss Retreat.
Now more than ever, we live in a culture that operates from the neck up.
Have you ever been in a waiting room or on a train, and had the eerie “future is now” feeling of every single person being nose deep in their phone?
All this time spent scrolling through the virtual world means very little time in the real world, in the moment and in the body.
When you operate primarily from your head:
- You feel drained no matter how much sleep you get
- You seem to be busy all the time but don’t feel like you’re accomplishing much
- You feel like your life is so full but lack the ability to slow down and enjoy it
- You’re not sure where the time goes; books pile up on your nightstand, connections with friends get put off for months (or years!)
- You say yes to requests by default rather than choice, giving up your precious time and feeling resentful
It’s not that living in your head is a bad thing, per se.
In order to function in the world you need a strong head on your shoulders.
But at some point, those shoulders need a rest.
A time to kick off your shoes and feel your feet in the warm grass.
A time to re-connect to your body through movement, beauty, ritual, and nature.
A time feel the flavors of a delicious meal bloom on your tongue.
A time to linger in the space between the thoughts.
WHAT YOU’LL EXPERIENCE AT THE BODY BLISS RETREAT
- Daily Yoga and Qoya Movement Each day will begin and end with soulful, centering movement to reconnect you to your body and re-align your nervous system. In the morning you will experience an invigorating 90-minute movement class, and in the evening, a restorative, relaxing class with aromatherapy and (optional) hands-on massage. Classes take place in a cozy indoor space, or (weather permitting) outdoors on a beautiful yoga deck, nestled into the lush beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Daily Meditation Classes Quiet the mind and linger in the space between your thoughts with daily meditation exercises. The power of quiet, so often underestimated, helps you relax, release tension and worry, and frees up space to hear the voice of your intuition. These lessons will give you a powerful in-person experience, as well as teach you how to design an at-home practice that suits your life and your unique needs.
- Holistic Beauty Classes Relaxation and Radiance abound with these ancient, powerful beauty rituals. You’ll learn a professional, meditative cleansing routine to reconnect with your senses every time you wash your face. You’ll also receive a lesson in self-care facial massage called Facial Gua Sha. Gua Sha tones and tightens the musculature, detoxifies the tissue, reduces puffiness and boosts your skin’s natural glow. Not to mention it feels amazing and is an incredibly relaxing, meditative ritual to include in your day! In addition, there will be a special workshop for making your own at-home body products,a Q+A (Kitty is a licensed esthetician and beauty expert), and more!
- The Art of Self Massage One of the most powerful tools for self-soothing and relaxation is self massage. You will learn professional techniques to release muscle tension, detoxify the body and soften the senses. This meditative practice is a tool that you will rely on for the rest of your life!
- Delicious, Healthy, Farm-to-Table Food All meals are included in your retreat package (No cooking for a week! Yes!). Bliss Farm is renowned for it’s high quality, healthy, delicious fare. Much of the food is grown on the farm itself, and if not grown on site, locally sourced as much as possible. Everything served is organic, and all dinners are 3-courses. Yum!
- Intuitive Art with Miranda Wildman Enjoy a creative and beautiful afternoon with local artist Miranda Wildman! Miranda’s gentle and encouraging teaching style will help you tap into your intuition and create a stunningly beautiful, commemorative treasure to bring home.
OUR LOCATION: BLISS FARM & RETREAT
(click the images to enlarge)
From farm owners, Kelly and Frank King: “At Bliss Farm and Retreat we believe in the mental, physical and spiritual value that comes from allowing yourself to fully detach from the stresses of daily life. We have a deep passion and love for nature, farming, food and health in every aspect.
We wanted to share this passion with others, and that’s why we started Bliss Farm. The farm includes more than 50 acres of pasture and woodland, ponds, hiking trails, and peacefulness. We offer an outdoor yoga deck, hammocks, indoor yoga space and gathering space, fire pit, and animals who want your love….and treats.
We work each day to create an environment for our guests to explore their inner bliss, truly unwind from the stresses of life, focus on the self; an environment that helps promote and encourage a lifestyle of total health and wellness, that makes it easy to slip into our natural rhythm and love and enjoy life to its’ fullest.
So come join us for and amazing experience in nature, with great food, fun and relaxation! Click here to check out the Bliss Farm & Retreat Website.
- 5 days/4 nights of accommodation at Bliss Farm & Retreat
- 3 delicious, healthy, farm fresh meals every day, with three-course dinners in the evening
- Daily Movement classes, meditation classes, a beauty ritual workshop, at-home spa workshop including facial Gua Sha massage, the art of self massage, intuitive art making, surprise gifts, and MORE!
Choose your accommodation and click here to fill in a reservation request. Our team will be in touch within 24-hours to help you sign up.
FARMHOUSE, PRIVATE ROOM
Cozy, beautifully decorated rooms right inside the main house. Rooms share a full bath in the hall.
Only one private room left – $2150
Cozy shared cabins tucked into a beautiful, lush hillside. Each features a Queen bed on the ground floor, twin beds in the upstairs sleeping lofts, a kitchenette, and a shared bath. (Cabins are about a 2-minute walk from the outdoor yoga space and a 5-minute walk from the Farmhouse.)
Queen Bed: $1950 • Sleeping Loft: $1725
For the nature Goddess, enjoy the coziness and simple luxury of glamping in a Bell Tent! Rustic, chic accommodations for the budget traveler. Includes access to an outdoor shared bathroom and shower unit.
Single Bell Tent Accommodation – $1350 SOLD OUT • Shared Bell Tent Accommodation – $1175
Where is Bliss Farm located?
Bliss Farm is located in Barnardsville, North Carolina, about 14 miles from downtown Asheville.
How do I get to Bliss Farm?
The closest airport to Bliss Farm is Asheville, NC. If you are flying we recommend taking an Lyft rather than renting a car since you won’t need to leave the farm during your stay.
The ride is about 30-45 minutes depending on traffic, and costs about $30-$40 each way. (we will pair you up with other women flying in to share rides whenever possible.)
If you are driving, just enter the address 347 Town Branch Road, Barnardsville, NC into your GPS for directions.
What is included in the retreat?
Included in the retreat is all lodging/accommodation, all meals, all class sessions, as well as some surprise gifts and supplies.
What is not included in the retreat?
Transportation to and from Bliss Farm. Also, wine is not included but you are welcome to purchase some at the farm from their wine list.
Does the farmhouse have air conditioning?
No, it does not. And we prefer it this way! Throughout the Spring, Summer, and Fall we have windows open all over the house and the mountain air is divine. We really prefer to live in harmony with nature and luckily the area we live in makes that possible! Our climate does not require air conditioning and it is very common for homes in our area not to have air conditioning. The average temperatures are a high of 78 degrees during the day, and 55 degrees at night. If you are a hot-natured person and prefer to be at 72 degrees at all times, we would recommend not coming on this retreat. Bliss is a nature retreat and our purpose is to provide a space where people can connect with nature and not to be cooped up inside.
Are there bugs and other wildlife?
Yes! Bliss is a farm composed of over 50 acres in the country. Out here, we have bugs, snakes, bears, poison ivy, poison oak, and all the things that go hand in hand with mother nature. At Bliss we want people to be able to connect with nature and to connect with the earth. We do offer all-natural bug spray for our guests while outside roaming the grounds. As far as lions and tigers and bears, OH MY! You don’t have to worry much about big cats and bears here. We do have them, but it is not likely you will cross paths. Be safe and responsible and you will be just fine.
Can I commute to the retreat?
Yes! If you are a local resident please click here to fill in a reservation request and we will contact you to discuss commuter options.
How many women will attend the retreat?
About 10-12 participants, plus Kitty and her assistant. Intimate, precious and lovely!
What if I just want to nap? Do I have to attend all the sessions?
You are always encouraged to listen to your body on a retreat! Skipping a session here or there is completely up to you. That said, on an intimate retreat such as this one, each woman’s presence is significant to the total experience. If you would prefer a retreat where class participation is completely optional, this is not the best retreat for your needs.
I have special dietary needs. Is that ok?
Of course! The chef at Bliss Farm is happy to work with any special needs to make your experience as lovely as possible. Please let us know this information as soon as possible so we can adequately prepare for your arrival.
What is the refund policy?
If you need to cancel before May 1, 2019 and we can find someone can fill your spot, you will receive a refund, less a $250 fee to cover our administrative costs. If we are not able to fill your spot from the wait list, refunds are not possible. Due to the intimate size and nature of this retreat we ask that you weigh very carefully whether or not this experience is for you. After May 1, 2019 if you need to miss the retreat for any reason, or if you need to leave the retreat early, no refunds, credits or transfers shall be given.
An important note about retreats and personal responsibility:
Retreats are a wonderful chance to press pause, take a time out from life, and enjoy movement, good food, good company, and fun activities that will help you grow and live with more intention and presence in your everyday life.
When you attend a retreat, particularly a retreat that is designed to help you grow more intimate with your body and senses, it can bring up strong feelings and emotions. That is why retreats are not a place to heal activated trauma or a substitute for deeper, long-term healing methods like therapy. If you have activated trauma around your body or sensuality at this time, we gently suggest waiting to attend this retreat.
Please be advised all retreat participants are required to sign a general liability waiver and release before attending the retreat.
Lastly, please note that retreats are not synonymous with staying at a hotel. While we make every effort to ensure our guests have a comfortable, easy, and lovely stay, the farm does not include hotel-like amenities such as daily housekeeping or a concierge. If there are any ways we can make your stay more comfortable, we ask that you let a staff member know immediately so we can do our best to help you with your concerns. Thank you!
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
We would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, or schedule a call to discuss if this retreat is a good fit for you. Send us an email at email@example.com and we will get back to you tout suite!